Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday's Fab Five

Wow! What a fabulous week! Here are a few highlights.



1. Bringing baby home-
It was a little scary getting ready to leave the hospital on Saturday. There were lots of questions going through my mind. Will I know what to do? Will he cry all the time? However, once we got home everything seemed to just fall into place. It has been completely wonderful; better than I could've ever imagined!

2. Food from friends-
I have known for a long time that we have amazing friends here in CT. This was proven yet again this week. Our friends Eric and Christie were nice enough to organize meals for us. Each night since we've been home, a different couple from our church has provided dinner for us. It arrives at our house ready to eat! It has certainly made our life easier. It is such a blessing to have caring and thoughtful people in our lives.

3. Paternity leave-
Through the Navy, Kyle was able to take 10 days of paternity leave. His first day back to work is Tuesday. Having him at home has been wonderful. He is a very hands-on dad. He's great at changing diapers! I am able to take naps without worrying about Brennan. Kyle is constantly praising my skills as a mom, which is a great confidence booster. We are really working well as a team. I feel more in love with than ever before.

4. Nursing-
Brennan had difficulty nursing at the hospital. The nurses and lactation consultant were great, but I was still very nervous about having to do it on my own at home. Since being home, he has been doing great with nursing. Each day seems to get a little better. I love watching him eat. He puts his hands on his face and looks so peaceful. I love listening to the sound. It makes me feel so good that I am able to give him all the nourishment he needs.

5. Gaining weight-
While I am concerned about losing my baby weight, Brennan needs to put on weight. Probably due to his difficulty nursing at the beginning, Brennan's weight dropped a little further below his discharge weight when we took him to the doctor on Wednesday. We were asked to bring him back in for a weight check today and he had gained weight! We are praying he continues to gain weight now that he is successfully nursing!

4 comments:

Dani said...

Your little boy is a cutie. I'm sure he will continue to gain weight. My daughter had the same problem ... lost a lot of weight in the hospital so we had to go back twice in the first week to check her weight. At her two week appointment, she was above her birth weight and she continues to grow at an amazing rate.

Now if I can just get my husband to take his paternity leave ;) ... I am very glad that the navy added that a few years back.

valerie said...

i think this is the BEST fab 5 EVER!!!!! i know this is totally dumb, but it makes my heart smile that you and kyle are more in love than ever, and that little brennan baby gets all the nourishment he needs from his momma. i'm so happy for you!!!

The Dishmons said...

Being a mommy is the best and most amazing thing! I'm sure you are the BEST mommy EVER! Who knew you could love someone so much that you just met and that you could fall that much more in love with your husband! I fall more in love with Josh everyday as I see him love and interact with Adah more and more! I'm with you on the whole feeding thing.....I don't know what I will do when Adah is ready to switch to cow's milk at 1 year....I might cry until she is 20...or maybe I will just nurse her until she is 20...you think that will work?! :) I love ready about how happy and in love you are with both of your boys! I can't wait to meet the new love of your life....and to hang out together and have play dates!

JCo said...

So awesome to hear how you and Kyle are working so well together. Everyone should be lucky enough to experience such things.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...