My doctor's visit went well today. I got to sit in a leather recliner for about 20 minutes for my non-stress test. It was pretty cool because I got to hear the baby's heartbeat that whole time. Brennan cooperated very well and they saw two spikes in his heart rate just like they needed to see.
We then moved across the hall and the doctor checked my cervix. I was actually really excited about being checked because I hadn't been checked up to this point and was just curious to know if I was progressing at all. The doctor didn't use a lot of numbers, but did say:
- the baby is very low
- my cervix is very thin
- I am dilated 1 cm.
She predicts that labor will go quickly based on the first 2 stats once I start really having regular contractions. So that is good news. She actually had a hard time finding my cervix and once she did said it was very posterior. Based on all the stats she said labor could start today or in a week (same ole story). Hopefully I will NOT make it to my next appointment next Tuesday!
So, that's the scoop for now. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated!

No comments:
Post a Comment