Friday, October 11, 2013

I Love You Too!

Brennan,
You're another month older today. I guess I'm not writing traditional "Dear Brennan" posts each month anymore, but I still like to document some of things you're doing. This will just be a short post about some of the funny and cute things you've said recently.

Just under a week before we left for our Florida trip, we were talking about it while I was giving you a bath. I asked you, "Are you excited about swimming in the pools when we go to Florida?" Your response was the best, "Yes, but I'm excited about church tomorrow too!" I'm so happy you love church. You love going to your 2s and 3s class on Sunday mornings. You're loving AWANA this year and are the cutest Cubbie ever and doing so great with learning your Bible verses. And you've also joined the Cherub Choir and will sing in the front of the congregation for the first time this Sunday!

One day while I was driving you to school you realized the sun and the moon were both in the sky. You said, "The moon and the sun are out. God was here today and put the moon and the sun in the sky." My heart just melts when you say sweet things like that!

You also say, "I love you too!" about 20 times a day. You always put the "too" on the end even when you say it first. My usually response is, "I love you too, baby", but now calling you "baby" is no loner acceptable. I have to say, "I love you too, big boy."

Most of the time you are such a sweet boy. You certainly have your cranky days, but there are many more sweet ones than crabby ones. You were so good on our trip to Florida. I know we aren't able to see our extended family much, but you love them so much anyways. You really loved your GaGa this trip and every time you see our family picture from vacation you say, "My favorite one in that picture is GaGa!"

You have made some gross motor improvements recently too. I know these shouldn't be a big deal for your age, but they are for you. You can now climb into your car seat by yourself. The fact that there's actually room between the driver's seat and your new seat now helped with that. You have started climbing up stairs without needing to hold onto to anything. That's huge for you! You are great at catching a ball and very close to being able to get your shoes on by yourself. School has helped you with becoming more independent with your pants and underpants when you go potty; you take them down and pull them up by yourself now.

I think this age is fun because you can do so many things by yourself, but you still let me snuggle you and want to be carried sometimes. You are such a sweetheart and I love you bunches and bunches!

Love,
Mommy




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...