Momma is one tired lady because you still aren't sleeping through the night. You had some pretty good nights right before we left for our trip and made it from 7pm-4:30 or 5:30am before waking to eat, but then sleeping in the room with us on vacation seemed to get you all out of sorts again. Since we've been back home you've been up twice each night. One day you'll sleep through the night, right?
You now have two teeth. They came in the day after you turned eight months. You are also pulling yourself to standing now and getting much faster at doing it. Just the other day you pulled yourself up on me while I was sitting on the floor, began climbing up me to get up onto the couch, pulled yourself to standing using Daddy who was sitting on the couch, then tried to climb over the back of the couch. You haven't pulled yourself up in your crib yet, so now worries about you climbing out of that yet thankfully. I saw a blog a few weeks ago about setting up a crawling obstacle course for a baby. You'd love something like that. You crawl over/into anything and everything. Once you get yourself to standing you have even cruised a few steps holding onto the table or the exersaucer. It's just so different from Brennan and neat to watch you do those things.
You have started using some sign language already. You can sign "more" and "all done", but don't do it super consistently. You have also learned to clap your hands on command or when someone says, "Yay!" I'd love to be inside that little head of yours because I can tell you are just learning so much at this age. You are babbling a lot more and putting some consonants and vowels together. I haven't heard any recognizable word, but I think you'll say your first word soon with all the "talking" you've been doing lately.
You were such a good boy on our trip to Florida. You did great on the plane and loved meeting your GeGe and GaGa for the first time. You're a Momma's boy for sure, but it was sweet to see you reach out to be held by them. You loved playing on the beach and crawling in the sand. You still mainly use an army crawl to get around, but every once in a while you'll get up on all fours and move a little that way. You still love to be in the Ergo and I use it often when we're out and about. I played mini golf several times in Florida with you strapped to my chest and you never made a peep.
Those blue eyes of yours still get comments every single time we are out. You are such a sweet natured baby when we are out and you're very photogenic. At home you can get a little cranky. You are usually good about playing with toys in the living room as long as I'm in the room too. But if Momma walks away you're not happy at all. You just cry and crawl until you can find me.
You still nurse four times during the day and then once or twice at night. You love pureed fruits, but don't really like veggies. You would feed yourself Puffs and Cheerios all day long if I'd let you. You love chewing on things like straws, soda bottles, and your little squishy baby toothbrush. No sense in buying you actual toys, you just like the things already laying around the house.
You certainly aren't the world's easiest baby, but I think you just might be the cutest. I am loving this age and seeing your little personality start to develop. I love that you and Brennan have started playing (wrestling) together some and can't wait to see that friendship grow. I love you so very very much and can't believe that in just three short months we will be celebrating your first birthday!
Love,
Mommy
Bryce back at 8 months
Bryce today at 9 months and one day old. I mean he seriously makes getting these pictures the easiest thing in the world. And I think he looks so big in this one!

No comments:
Post a Comment