Monday, September 9, 2013

Sunday Mornings

I shared both of these pictures on Instagram yesterday, but I just think they are so cute so I'm sharing them here too.



I took these yesterday before church. Sunday mornings are LONG for us. We are at church for over 4 hours each Sunday because we have worship team rehearsal, Sunday school, and church. It is NOT easy to get up and get two young kids ready for that each week. And sometimes, like yesterday, Kyle has duty and I have get them there all by myself. It's especially hard when they are Bryce's age and still taking two naps/day because he doesn't get a good morning nap at church usually. It's something we are committed to doing each week and I'm so glad we do it.

It teaches Brennan patience because he has to sit and wait for us while we rehearse with the worship team. (Yes he usually has his iPad, but still he sits still and plays it nicely most weeks). Brennan LOVES his class at church. Brennan was (is??) a Momma's boy and had pretty bad separation anxiety for awhile, but we persevered through that and it's paid off. I love hearing about what he did in class and when he sings songs he's learned there it makes my heart happy.

I love singing on our church's praise team. It's fun getting to learn new songs. And I get to do it alongside one of my best friends and my hubby, so that's a bonus. Just this week, I transitioned from teaching first and second grade Sunday school to volunteering in the nursery during the Sunday school hour. I'm looking forward to this new job and giving the littlest kids a familiar face to see week when they get dropped off.

Last night Brennan started something new too; it was his first night of AWANA. And even though he's only three, he's been invited to join the children's choir. I'm so glad he has all these opportunities to learn about Jesus at such a young age!

It's such a blessing that we found Groton Heights Baptist Church. It's not easy for military families to find a church home and we have found a great one where we get to hear a wonderful, Bible-based message each week.  We've found a great place to get plugged in!

1 comment:

valerie said...

You're the only reason I do PT. ;-) <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...