I'm still nursing and that's going really well. You typically nurse four times during the day and STILL wake up once in the middle of the night to eat. I'm so used to waking up one time now, that it doesn't even phase me anymore. You usually wake up somewhere between 2:30-4am and I've tried letting your cry it out, but eating is what puts you back to sleep. I know one night (maybe in the near future???) you'll start sleeping through the night. You are also doing pretty well eating solid foods. You love your rice cereal and most fruits, but aren't big on veggies right now. You have gotten really good at feeding yourself puffs now and also like "drinking" from your sippy cup. It seems like you're growing up so fast doing all those things already!
The biggest changes over the past month are that you can now sit unassisted indefinitely and you started army crawling. The crawling thing is completely new to us because Brennan never did it. You still aren't up on all fours, but you can move quick. You are all over the place exploring with the bathroom being one of your favorite go-to spots. You can transition from sitting to crawling too. You haven't pulled yourself up to standing yet, but are very close. We went ahead and lowered your crib the other night just to be safe.
It seems like you always want to be on the move now. You don't like your exersaucer very much anymore. Thankfully you'll still let us put you in your bouncy seat sometimes with "Praise Baby" on TV because sometimes I just need a way to keep you still for a little bit! Up until this past month, you've been sitting in your high chair with no straps or tray on it. That definitely doesn't work anymore! I have to have the tray on there to contain you! You are also a wild one in the bathtub. It's so hard for me to control you in there even in your little inflatable duck tubby. You are constantly flipping over onto your stomach or trying to put your face in the water.
The last few days I have felt like you're showing some signs of separation anxiety already! I'm so not ready for that stage to begin. You have been crying when I walk out of a room, but if I come back and pick you up, you immediately stop crying. You don't have any teeth yet, so I'm hoping some of your fussiness is because some teeth are getting ready to come in. In fact you're crying in your crib right now as I type this when you should be napping! Grrr!
Sometimes you can be pretty grumpy at home, but thankfully you are almost always an angel when we are out. You love the Ergo and rarely make a peep when in it. You are still great in your car seat too, so it makes it easy to take you places. You moved up to the convertible car seat like a big boy!
I'm excited to see what this next month holds. Will you pull yourself to standing? Will you start climbing the basement stairs? Maybe even a first word or first sign will happen? Whatever it holds, it'll be great (and super frustrating at times). You are such a cute, smiley baby and I love how different you are from your brother! You are very special and I love you so very very much!
Love,
Mommy
Bryce last month at 7 months old
Bryce today at 8 months old. He's a pro a these pics now!

No comments:
Post a Comment