You are 28 months old today! I've been neglecting the blog recently, but wanted to make sure I still did your update. It's been a fun month for sure! You are wearing 2T clothes and doing wonderful with going to the potty. You still wear a Pull-up at night. You'll have a full week here and there where you'll wake up dry in the morning, but then other weeks you'll be soaked each morning. I've been giving you a little Benefiber mixed in with one drink a day and that seems to be helping your BMs. I'm so glad because I hated seeing you struggle.
We had another big milestone this month; you gave up your binky! You only used it at nap and bedtime, but I was ready for it to be gone. I had been teasing you about throwing it in the trash for awhile, but you'd always laugh and say, "No." A few weeks ago, I asked you if you wanted to throw it in the trash and told you I'd buy you a new toy and that was apparently the trick. You got super excited about the idea of a new toy and went and threw your binky in the trash. Then we went and you picked out a Mater pillow pet! It's been gone since then! You slept fine without it from that day on. For about a week or so it took you a little longer to fall asleep, but other than it was super easy. I was shocked at how easy it was, but you've always been a laid back dude, so I'm not sure why it surprised me.
Your vocabulary continues to grow by leaps and bounds. It has been my favorite part of the past month. I love hearing you say new things and you just talk and talk and talk in your car seat when we're driving. My current favorite sayings are: "B do", "up me" (when you want to be picked up), and "try again". You also say "thank you" all the time. It's super cute! When someone holds a door for us you keep saying "thank you" until they acknowledge you.
You definitely have more energy now. When we are out and about you seem calm compared to most other boys, but you let loose at home. You have liked wrestling with Dadda for a while now, but now you LOVE it. It helps get some energy out before bathtime each night. When you get hyper, you'll just roll around on the floor and howl. It's quite funny. I guess Momma will have to take over the wrestling duties once Daddy goes back to a submarine next month.
We just had a awesome visit with Papaw and Linda. We hadn't seen them in a long time, but you warmed right up to them. We talk about Papaw all the time, so I think you knew exactly who he was when you saw him. We took them to the airport this morning, so you'll be sad tomorrow when Papaw's not here anymore.
Your iPhone skills are super impressive. We have thought about getting an iPad because we know you'd love it. You can work Momma's phone so well and and know right where all your games are. Your current favorites are Zoo Train and The ABC Song.
You are such a sweet boy. I love our cuddle time before you go to sleep. I'm so happy you still like me to rock you. You lay your head on my shoulder and give me little butterfly kisses. I mean, how cute is that?!?! I love you so very, very much!
Love,
Mommy
Monday, June 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ha! Hilarious video. He is a nut! I sure do miss him!
Post a Comment