Sunday, September 11, 2011

Dear Brennan,

My sweet baby boy, you are nineteen months old today! And yes, you are still my BABY boy. Time just isn't slowing down at all! You are wearing 18-24 months and some 2T clothes. I just went through a bunch of your clothes and found SO many 2T pants! I love hand-me-downs! You are wearing size 4 diapers.

I am a little sad to say that you are still not a full-fledged walker yet. You can certainly do it, but will rarely choose to do so. We have to literally give you a little push sometimes and then you'll take a few steps. You are getting better at standing on your own and I think that is key in you feeling comfortable with walking. I am happy to say that you now like walking with push toys. You used to hate it! Now you'll do it multiple times a day. The other week we walked into the library and you saw a little shopping cart they have for kids to push around and you went straight for it and started pushing it all by yourself. I've tried to get you to do that for so long. I guess you were just finally ready to do it! I just know you're going to be shocked when you realize how much more you can do because you can walk! You did just realize you can scoot on your bottom, so you've been moving around like that some. The doctor is going to check you out at 21 months to see your gross motor progress.

After you turned 18 months, you started talking a lot more. Some things might not be clear to everyone, but since I'm around you all the time, I know exactly what you're saying. I'm sure I'll leave some things out, but here is what you can say now: dog, Dada, Momma, duck, boom, ball, Elmo, boom boom (what you call the computer for some reason), book, bowl, moon, up, down, zap and bird. There are a few words I've only heard you say one time: diaper, chicken, and clock. You have also started to try to say more people's names, which I think is so cute. When we go play with your friend Emma, you repeat "mmm" over and over again.

You love airplanes. You can see or hear one before Momma or Dada do. You'll point up in the sky and then when it disappears from sight, you raise your hands up as if to say, "Where'd it go?" You also point out every flag you see. The American flag is your favorite. You love seeing flags when we take walks around the block. You also point out all the birds, squirrels, and dogs. I'm glad there's so much to keep you entertained while you're in your stroller because Momma has started the Couch to 5K program, so we go jogging together three days/week. You are also obsessed with balls right now. You almost always have at least one in your hands.

You continue to love watching "The Wiggles". The only other show that will hold your attention more than a few minutes is "Super Why". Momma likes "Super Why" and sometimes I get sad when you don't want to finish an episode because I want to know what the super letters are going to spell! When you want to watch "The Wiggles" you will wiggle your legs. During "Super Why", you'll point your finger like Super Why does when he zaps words. You are seriously the cutest thing ever!

You still have twelve teeth. I keep thinking your canines will come in soon because you are back to chewing on stuff a lot. Most of the time you are a good eater. You love grapes right now. You'd eat nothing but grapes if I let you. You have gotten much better at using a spoon, but still usually eat with your fingers.

You're still a good sleeper. You usually wake up somewhere between 7:30 and 8:30. Recently your nap has gotten a little shorter. I was kind of bummed about that at first, but you're waking up from it happy, so that's the most important thing. I love when I go into your room when you are waking up. You still have never pulled yourself to standing in your crib, so you are always just laying down or rolling all around in it when I come in. As soon as I open the door, you start giggling. When I come over to your crib, you know you have to leave your binkies in the bed, so you put them in the corner. Then you reach out your hands because you want to use my fingers to help you stand up. Once you're standing, you like to hold my hands and jump up and down a few times. You don't really jump, but just bend your knees. Then on a count of three I pick you up. You immediately give me a huge hug! You keep hugging me as we walk over to the glider and keep hugging me while we sit there. After a few more seconds of hugging, you sit up and give me a kiss, and then you want your sippy of milk. I love little moments like that!

You continue to be a very good baby. You do get mad sometimes and will squirm and arch your back like crazy if we carry you while you're mad. You certainly wear me out because you need my finger to walk around, so there is very little sitting still for Momma. You are extremely ticklish and have such an amazing laugh. Today, on your nineteen month birthday, you will get to see your GaGa, GeGe, Lala, and C-Dub. I know they are all very excited to see you! I hope you know how much Momma and Dada and everyone else loves you!

Love,
Mommy

Brennan back at 18 months

Brennan yesterday - one day shy of 19 months

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...