Monday, July 28, 2014

Where to Begin???

So it's been ages since I've blogged. I miss it, but just have not had the time to sit down and write out a post. So I'm going to try to play catch up over the next few days and hopefully I can get back into blogging regularly after our vacation to TN and KY!

My last blog post was on July 2nd, so I'll start my catching up with my birthday trip to Chicago. Kyle kept the boys the July 4th weekend, so I could fly and meet my mom and sister in Chicago. It was my first time being away from the boys overnight!

This recaps our first day there:
I flew from Providence to Midway. It has been a long time since I've flown without children and it was quite nice. Thankfully our boys are great travelers, but this was very relaxing. My mom and sister were at the airport waiting for me, so we hopped on the "L" orange line and headed to State and Lake. I love public transportation. I don't think I would want to live in a super big city forever, but I certainly think it would be fun to live there for a while. From the train stop we had a short walk to our hotel. It was very nice and super modern. We got settled in and decided to go eat at Billy Goat Tavern. We had to go underground to get there and your food isn't served on plates, but it was so yummy. And a super good value. I definitely recommend it! We even got to sit in the VIP Room, which it turned out meant Very Insecure Person. Oh well.






After eating we walked down to the Navy Pier. Keep in mind this was July 4th and there was going to be a big fireworks show down there around 9:30pm. It was pretty crowded already at 5pm. We didn't do anything except walk the entire pier and take some pictures. We weren't up for waiting for 4 hours for the fireworks. 

We passed by the Chicago Tribune building on the way to Navy Pier and the base of the building contains 120 stones from important places all around the world. I took a few pictures of those.

 These pictures came from the Navy Pier and our walk back towards the hotel afterwards.




And that was Day 1!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...