Day 2 in Chicago was my birthday! I woke up early even though my kiddos weren't there! I was able to FaceTime with the boys that morning so they could sing me Happy Birthday! Since we were already up, my mom and I decided to go for a walk. We thought the Chicago River Walk was a little circular path we could take, but it turns out it's not. We walked and walked and walked and we knew we were walking around Lake Michigan and not the Chicago River anymore, but just kept walking. We finally turned around and retraced our steps. We definitely walked at least 4 miles that morning and at a brisk pace. My legs were sore the rest of the trip!
We got back to the room and all got ready and went right next door for a yummy late breakfast.
After eating, we walked to little local art shop and then walked to Millennium Park. I wanted to take my picture with The Bean for my birthday. My main observation: The Bean is super dirty!
We then hopped on a bus and rode straight down Michigan Ave to do some shopping at the Magnificent Mile. I'm not a shopper at all and of course only bought things for the boys at first. We did stop by an indoor mall called North Bridge Tower because I wanted to treat myself to some new earrings I'd been eyeing at Nordstrom. I also got a little makeover in the cosmetics sections just because.
After that we thought it would be nice to relax at a movie. I don't see movies very often anymore, so it was fun. We went and saw Tammy. It was very funny and pretty cool that some of the movie takes place in Louisville, Kentucky! After the movie we walked to go buy tickets to a fireworks architecture cruise; another birthday request of mine. The guy we bought tickets from gave us a recommendation for a pizza place so we headed there next. It was PACKED. Like 1.5 hour wait for a table packed, so we ended up going to a restaurant close to the hotel.
We were then able to go relax in our hotel room for about an hour. It was a well-deserved rest after all the walking we had done! Then it was time to go get in line for our little cruise. When we walked outside it was raining a little, but it stopped right as our cruise was taking off. The cruise was a lot of fun and we learned a lot about the buildings in downtown Chicago. We stopped down at Navy Pier and watched the fireworks show they do every Wed. and Sat. night during the summer. It wasn't anything huge, but it was fun.
After the cruise it was back to the room and that night I slept like a rock!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment