Thursday, March 6, 2014

Dear Bryce,

Today you are 14 months old. Time just keeps ticking right along with no sign of slowing down anytime soon. You are still wearing size 3 diapers, but have started to outgrown many of your 12 month clothes. I tried to put a pair of jeans on you the other day that were just recently too big, but they were already too small. You've definitely had a growth spurt because I can tell you've packed on a few pounds and when you stand up in your crib, your entire head is over the front railing now. You currently have a size 5 foot. Here's what else has been going on!

You decided to take your first steps on February 10th, the day before Brennan's 4th birthday. You took a single step to get to me in the kitchen while I was cooking supper and then after we ate, you took a few steps for Daddy too. After that night, it was over a week before you decided to take anymore steps at all. I certainly wouldn't consider you a walker yet, but you do take a few steps each day. You really need to be encouraged to do it, but have taken as many as five or six in a row now. I am still in disbelief that at 14 months you aren't walking. I'm not rushing it though because you are already into everything and once you take off walking, I know there will be no stopping you.

Sleeping has been so-so during the past month. Most days I still get two good naps out of you. It's so nice because you and Brennan nap at the same time in the afternoons and it gives me some time to get stuff done. (Or take a nap too). I think it's safe to say that you are not a deep sleeper. Even on nights when I don't go in a give you a bottle, you rarely make it through the night without some crying. Somehow we have made it this long with never owning a video monitor and I feel like it's so late to get one now, but I'd really love to have one so I can see what you're doing when you start crying in the middle of the night. I think often you're just trying to soothe yourself back to sleep. You got your eighth tooth recently and I'm sure that disrupted your nighttime sleeping some. You have a little white minky blanket you always sleep with you and often you sleep with a polar bear from Build-a-Bear that we named Snowy Bear. You love to give him hugs.

I have still been giving you a bottle of warm whole milk right before bed and bringing you one when you wake up around 7-8am. However, when you wake from your two naps I have started bringing in a sippy cup of cold milk. You don't guzzle it down like the warm milk, but will carry it around with you for the next hour or so drinking a little here and there. I'm glad you're doing ok with it, because I already feel like you're way too big for a bottle but just haven't pulled the plug on it yet.

I know I need to be working more on new sign language with you because you are so proficient with more, all done, and please. I think you are at an age where you can absorb so much right now. I have been using the signs for help and thank you some this past week, so we will see if you start using those.

The exciting thing is that during the past week and half you have all of a sudden decided to start talking. You have always made lots of noise and grunts, but now you are saying so many more recognizable (at least to Mommy) words. You currently say, "dada, mom mom, dog, woof woof, vroom vroom, ball, all done, ticka ticka (for tickle tickle) & no". You also say something that sounds a lot like "this" when you're pointing to something you want. And you're so funny when you're eating because you constantly say, "mmmmmm".

You're a pretty good eater. You love peaches and pears. You still love pizza and like graham crackers a lot. You ate taco meat the other night and will sometimes eat chicken. You love macaroni and cheese. You have a huge sweet tooth! You devour cookies and cupcakes and if can see either of those sitting out on the kitchen counter, you go ballistic until we give you some.

You certainly enjoyed your cupcake you had during your one-year photo shoot we and done about three weeks ago. Unfortunately, there was a cake accident with the baker the photographer uses, so I just brought a cupcake with us instead, but I think it worked out so well. I cannot wait to see the pictures!

Most of the time you are a sweet, pretty laid back little dude. You do great at just crawling or cruising around the house and finding things to play with. You really enjoy your red car, music table, and work bench. You like making cars go "vroom" and playing with Brennan's mini-golf clubs. You tend to get whiney at night when it's getting close to bedtime and can pitch a good fit when you're told "no!" You still love bath time and most nights take a tubby with Brennan now. It saves me so much time and sanity only have to give one bath each night instead of two!

As always I'm sure there are more things I'm leaving out. I am excited for this next month because I know you'll keep taking more and more steps on your own. I'm also excited to try and teach you more things. You don't seem to have any interest in learning where your body parts or about the letter B, but I'm sure that time is coming. Thanks for sleeping through the night sometimes and for making me laugh by coming up and tickling me all the time. You are loved so very much!

Love,
Mom Mom




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...