Friday, January 24, 2014

Tot School is Back!

Since Bryce just celebrated his first birthday, I figured it was time to start up some good ol Tot School with him. I looked back at my original Tot School post with Brennan and we did some of those same activities this past week. Tot School at Bryce's age is really just playing and trying to incorporate some learning in there too. It's not easy being the 2nd child and I know he doesn't get nearly as much attention as Brennan did at this age, so it was fun making sure I really focused on him. And it makes me get my camera out a lot more too!

I wasn't sure how it would go because Brennan was still completely immobile at this age. Bryce isn't walking yet, but crawls and cruises everywhere. He's rarely still for long, but I was impressed that these activities seemed to keep his interest.

I pulled out this Melissa and Doug shape puzzle which was new to him. He's actually close to getting the shapes into their correct spots already, but also enjoyed dropping the shapes into his new red car.





He's always liked pulling the Leapfrog Fridge Phonics magnets off the dishwasher. I made lots of attempts to point out the letter B to him this week so he can hopefully start identifying it.


This hippo toy was waiting for us when we got back from Disney last week (thanks, Auntie Lala). He's enjoyed playing with it and just the other day learned how to put the shapes in the hippo's mouth independently. It's a really cute toy because it tells you shapes, colors, and names of food depending on the mode.



This red car was his birthday gift from us and he loves it. His favorite part is putting the balls into the hole. It's neat that he can actually get in and out of the car by himself, which Brennan would have never been able to do at this age.


He hasn't shown as much interest in these Little Einstein ABC books as Brennan did, but we did pull them out to play with a little this week. I like them because it gives three words that start with each letter.


Brennan got these Toobers and Zots for Christmas and we played with them this week. They do have some small pieces, so I had to watch Bryce carefully. He mainly just wanting to carry pieces around and chew on them. They're great for imaginative play with older kiddos.


Bryce can often be found pulling books off shelves. Here he is in his brother's room looking through the library books we checked out. I hope Bryce loves books and reading as much as Brennan does.


I don't want to leave Brennan out, so here are some of the things he worked on this week! He's about to turn four, so I'm going to have to come up with some more challenging ideas for him. These pictures were taken on two different days even though he's wearing the same shirt. He's a little obsessed with his "goggly eye" shirts right now.

I bought him a new game called Blink. It's an attributes card game similar to Uno. It says it's for ages 7+ on the box, but when I read the directions I knew he'd understand. He is so super good at it too. He's very smart!


We did lots of "Dot to Dots" this week!

And also did bowling for the first time in awhile. The teacher in me pulled out his sight word domino cards and however many pins he knocked down, he had to read that many sight words. He's a pro at them!



Carisa's blog is where I first got my idea to start Tot School. You can check it out for tons of great ideas!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...