Saturday, July 27, 2013

Finally

Sheesh! It's been such a long time since I did a blog post. I finished up a great, but very exhausting week of Vacation Bible School. It seriously wore me out leading worship each night from 6-8:30 since Bryce STILL isn't sleeping well. Kyle had duty today, so after the long week it was just the boys and me again all day, but we actually had a great day.

Brennan actually slept until 7:40 this morning. That's the latest he has slept in a super long time. I think VBS wore him out too! After Bryce took a little morning nap, we headed off to the Warwick Mall which is special because there's a carousel inside. The boys and I rode it twice, caught a magic show that was happening at the mall, and had lunch at the food court. Thankfully both boys went down for naps right when we got home and Momma got to sleep too! It was amazing!

It was such a gorgeous day today and I was feeling a little bad that we had spent the morning inside, so once Brennan was up from his nap, I packed us up a picnic supper and we headed downtown. It was a perfect night to be down there. We found a great parking spot, ate our picnic by the water, watched the Mystic drawbridge go up and down, and then ended our night at the playground.

Here are some pictures I snapped with my phone. It was pretty sunny so they aren't that great, but hey at least I blogged! :)

I was sitting on a blanket, but Brennan just wanted to eat in the stroller. Silly kid!

We got a see a few boats and kayaks go by in the water.

Brennan HAD to sit on this big rock. He refused to get his picture taken though, so I told him I was taking a picture of the boat behind him and was the able to catch him looking at me.

The drawbridge in our downtown goes up once an hour during the summer months. Brennan really liked watching it.

Even though we live in Mystic, we had never been to this playground before. It was cute. Brennan is getting so much braver at playgrounds now. He makes me a nervous wreck!


Let's hope now that VBS is over I can play catch up a little and get back into a blogging routine!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...