Thursday, April 11, 2013

Dear Brennan,

You are now 38 months old and here and I go again still doing these updates for you. You currently weigh 30 pounds and are just over 36 inches tall. At your 36 month checkup, you were in the 25th percentile for height and weight. You wear a variety of clothing sizes, but mostly 3T tops and bottoms.

We just got back this week from a trip to Georgia. You were a great traveler just like you've always been. As long as I have plenty of snacks and the iPad on the plane, you're good to go. You were even excellent when we had a five hour layover in the tiny Norfolk airport. You had fun playing with Adah and Michaela. When I ask you what your favorite part of the trip was, you say, "Jumping on the trampoline!". You did have fun doing that. We went to the beach while we were there and you loved it even more than when we were in Myrtle Beach last September. We also saw a Disney on Ice show and you really liked that too.

You are becoming much more independent. At home you will grab your stool from the bathroom and move it anywhere around the house to help you reach things. You are still a Momma's boy, but don't have to be right beside me when out in public. You'll walk up to other people and say hi and initiate playing with other kids when at the park. You are already trying to play with your brother even though he's still too little to play with you right now.

You are very sensitive still and cry easily. You cry almost every time you fall down, even if it's just a tiny little fall. You actually had a big fall the day we were leaving for Georgia. You fell down the basement stairs. It was 4:15 in the morning, so I think you were still half asleep. You were looking for me and thought I was downstairs and attempted to go down by yourself. You are perfectly capable of walking down alone, but that particular morning you didn't make it. I'm not sure how many steps you fell down, but your head hit the tile floor at the bottom. It was pretty scary, but you actually only a cried for a minute with that fall. You immediately got a big goose egg on your egg. Mommy and Daddy made you do all sorts of things to check you out and you seemed perfectly fine, so off to the airport we went.

You can also be very, VERY whiny. You like things the way you like them and get whiny if they aren't done that way. You would get very upset when Adah missed a number while counting when we were in GA. You don't like it if Mommy or Daddy are sitting in the "wrong" chairs at the kitchen table. You sometimes still ask to be carried; especially if we're outside in the dark.

Everyday you surprise me with something new you can read. You are starting to sound words out and it amazes me. You're great at using pictures to help you figure out new words too. You pretty much talk all day everyday. People on the airplanes kept talking about how much you talk. This month it was really neat to hear you talk about Good Friday and Easter and see how you're starting to understand those holidays. Some of the new things you're saying are: "mine" (I'm glad it took over 3 years for this one to start!), "oh my gosh", "no way, Jose", "I'm sad", "I not get frustrated".

Boy can you get frustrated! You are my child! You want to do everything just right. You get mad when you're trying to write your letters and they don't turn out perfect. If you mess up on a game on the iPad you often throw a fit and end up sitting on your bed for a while until you calm down. You are quite the perfectionist. Mommy reminds you often that you don't need to get frustrated and that's why you will excitedly say, "I not get frustrated!" You like the word "no" and "now", but we're working on being more polite and patient. You still really don't have temper tantrums, but when were leaving Disney on Ice you threw a fit and refused to walk. I had Bryce in the Ergo and ended up having to carry you too. Hopefully that the first and last time that happens, but I highly doubt it!

Despite your whiny nature, you are still such a sweet boy. You have started grabbing my face and giving me kisses for no reason. You still love to snuggle on the couch and in your bed. You like for me to scratch your head and hold your hand. You give great big bear hugs. You have a calm nature compared to other kids your age and still like to sit and do puzzles and play board games. You have two new shows you like to watch: Little Einsteins and Imagination Movers.

Thankfully you are staying dry at naptime again now. Somedays you'll ask to wear a Pull-up at nap, but you don't need it anymore. You can function pretty well without a nap if you have to, but still like to take one and will sleep 2-3 hours most days. You even had several nights in GA where you stayed dry all night long, but aren't doing that consistently yet. While we were away, you continued waking up early, but since we've been home, you've been sleeping in again. I assume you're just catching up on sleep, but I'm hopeful you will start sleeping past 7 again!

For the most part, I feel like you're such a good, easy going kid. You are so very smart and observant and loving. I really just can't get enough of you!

Love,
Mommy

He decided to just dump out his entire Easter basket!
I know I shared this one already, but he's so darn cute!
He loves playing the drums at church!


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...