Friday, January 11, 2013

Dear Brennan,

It is pretty much mind blowing to think that you will be three next month! 3! Where has the time gone? And now that you're a big brother, I'm sure it won't be slowing down at all. Yep! Baby Bryce is here and you are a great big brother so far! I hope you two are best friends! Here's a little more of what you've been up to!

You are wearing size 3T clothes and still your 6.5 size shoes. If you're not careful, your baby brother might pass you up in shoe size! :) You'll see the doctor next month, but I feel like you've packed on a few pounds.

You talk pretty much constantly. I was in the hospital just over 36 hours and I swear you were talking more when I came home! Here are some of my current favorite sayings of yours.
  • "What's that say?" - you want us to read you every printed word you see
  • "Holy moly!"
  • "Hugs make Mommy happy." - as you give Mommy a hug
  • "That would be perfect!"
  • "Where's ________?" - you say that when you don't understand a word we use
  • "I wanna hold it." - asking to hold your little brother
You also differentiate between "a lot" and "a little". Sometimes you'll ask to watch a DVD and Mommy will say, "You can watch a little bit." You will reply, "Brennan watch a lot!" Just like night I was surprised by how well you were talking. You were looking for a toy and said, "I lost it. I can't find it anywhere." 

You are really into playing board games right now. You got several of them for Christmas. You like Hungry, Hungry Hippos and Chutes and Ladders. Your favorite Christmas present was definitely Hi-Ho Cherry-O (you call it "the apple tree game"), but then we bought you Candy Land and it became your favorite. It's so fun to sit down with you and play those games. You also just got another new game as your big brother present. It's called Red Rover Game and it's pretty awesome. It reviews your letters, numbers, colors, and shapes and you love it! You love for Mommy to play with you, but are also good about playing independently. When Mommy is feeding Bryce, you like to be in the room with us, but just keep yourself entertained playing with your old toys. 

You also enjoy playing Hide-n-Seek with Daddy. Well, you sort of play it. My favorite is when you hide and Daddy is trying to find you. He will walk down the hallway saying, "Is Brennan in the bathroom/bedroom/closet?" and you'll say from the place where you're hiding, "nooooo". It's so cute. No matter how many times I tell you, you just can't keep quiet. Then if you hide again, you always go back to the same place. You also like searching for Daddy, but like Mommy to come with you so Daddy doesn't scare you.

As I'm sure is the case with most almost three year olds, transitions can be a little difficult. Thankfully using a digital clock has made this much easier. When it's almost time to get ready for nap (so glad you're still napping!), bath, or bed I will tell you what the clock will say when it's time to transition and then you will watch it as you continue playing. When the clock shows the right time, you are usually ready to make the transition. We also use the timer on Mommy's phone sometimes. Having Bryce at home is helping too because I can tell you that you need to be a good example for your brother or need to make baby Bryce happy and then you'll comply quickly. We'll see how long that tactic works!

You are such a smart boy. Everyone who meets you comments about how smart you are. You have quite a few words you recognize now including: the, off, out, to, for, on, warning, Disney, and Sony. You can also read number words up to ten. You know your entire address and can say the house number, street, city, and state without any help. I think your little mind works a mile a minute. More than being smart, I pray that you love school like Mommy did and always work hard and do your best.

You have started walking down the stairs all by yourself. I know this is way overdue, but I'm glad you're doing it safely and willingly now since Mommy will be carrying Bryce down the stairs. You have also started to show interest in peeing standing up, so we'll keep working on that. You are just growing up too fast. You say you want a Mickey Mouse birthday party with a green birthday cake for your third birthday.

You certainly have your whiny moments, but overall you are such a sweet, smart boy. I am looking forward to watching you continue to interact with Bryce and looking forward to all that this next year will bring!

Love,
Mommy












No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...