Thursday, January 10, 2013

Brennan Meets Bryce

I was so excited to see Brennan's reaction to Bryce when we got home from the hospital. I mentioned in Bryce's birth story that Brennan wasn't allowed at the hospital because of the flu epidemic and visitor restrictions. We were discharged around 4:30pm on Monday, January 7 and arrived home just before 5. Val was at the house hanging out with Brennan and when we got home Brennan was on the potty trying to "make a big splash". Poor Brennan was on the potty for at least 30 minutes after we got home, so I had to wait a little while to see his reaction. He finally pooped a gigantic poop (poor B) and then it was show time!









Brennan was so excited! He couldn't stand still and was dancing all around. At first he said he didn't want to hold him, but then quickly changed his mind and wanted to. I love how happy he looks in the first pic holding his new baby brother.

So far, Brennan is a great big brother. He always wants to know where baby Bryce is and says, "I want to hold it" multiple times a day. Daddy is off work this week, so it's been a huge blessing to have his help at home. Brennan has always been a Mommy's boy, so he's having to learn to let Daddy help him some. Overall, it's been a much easier transition than I ever expected!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...