Our friends Josh and Amanda had been to Sea World before, so I called Amanda and she gave me her tips on what to do at the park. She recommended getting to the park at opening, so we did. Some areas weren't open yet, but there was still plenty to do and see. Best of all, there wasn't a line to see Shamu! Brennan didn't know who Shamu was other than us talking about him the night before, but he loves any dressed up character, so he ran right up to him!
While waiting for more areas to open, we saw flamingos and went to the Touch-a-Ray pool.
Then we came across a dolphin viewing area, which had the option to feed the dolphins. I don't like to admit this very often, but Kyle had the idea that it would be worth it to pay to feed the dolphins. And man was it worth it. (Especially with free admission!). Kyle and I each paid $7 to get a tray of small fish for the dolphins. Best of all, Brennan loved it!
A worker came over and helped Brennan touch the dolphin's fin!
Next we did the Turtle Trek. It was ok. I thought it was going to be a "walk through at your own pace" kind of thing, but you get stopped multiple times a long the trek and someone speaks to you. The aquariums inside were beautiful, but I'd skip this part next time. We didn't do the 3-D movie at the end.
By this point all parts of the park were open, so we headed towards Shamu Stadium to the Happy Harbor kid area. Brennan loved it! He loves any ride, so we let him ride all the ones he could. We even went back later and let him do them again because he loved them so much!
This was a boat-like ride that went every which way and Brennan wasn't scared at all.
Then on to the jellyfish ride, which was basically like a teacup ride that goes up in the air. In fact, Brennan called this one "the teacups".
Then Brennan spotted water. And just like at Magic Kingdom, he had to go check it out. Too bad he always wants Mommy to come check it out too!
I wasn't too thrilled when he decided to get super wet, but oh well!
Next was the choo-choo train! The second picture is from when we went back to the train and B decided he wanted to ride alone.
And then the carousel.
I thought Amanda's advice worked out great. We played in this area until about 11:15 and then headed to Shamu Stadium to wait for the doors to open for the 12:00 show. We were the fourth family in line and while Kyle held our place, Brennan and I went and checked out the fountain and ate some Uncrustables again!
We got great seats right in the middle of the stadium and just out of the splash zone! Kyle set the camera to continuous shots, so it was taking 5 shots a second or something crazy like that. He managed to capture so many great pictures!
I was a little surprised at how short the show was, but it was really good. And probably the perfect length to keep B entertained. After Shamu, we headed the Blue Horizons dolphin show. This show was also very cool. It was super fast-paced with lots of bright colors and had a little musical intertwined with it.
Like I mentioned before we ended up taking Brennan back to ride the rides again since he liked that part so much, but by that point Mommy was tired and just sat down while B and Daddy rode. Before we left the park, we also went up in the tower. I'm sure it has a technical name, but you ride up the top of this tower and rotate slowly around and get a view of the entire park. It's free, air conditioned, and definitely worth riding.
We ended up leaving the park at little after 3, so we were there for just over 6 hours. It was probably our favorite day of the trip. I'm not sure we would've ever paid $90/each to go, but it was so much fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment