Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Dear Brennan,

You are 34 months old. You have developed quite the little personality. Most of the time you're sweet and polite. But you also have a ornery streak that rears its head sometimes. And boy oh boy do you like routine. If something changes from how you like it to be done, you are NOT happy. I haven't noticed much change in your size. You're right at 30 lbs and still wearing your 6.5 shoes, but I think we will have move up soon. You wear mainly 3T clothes with other sizes mixed in there too.

We've had a busy month and it'll only get busier as we make the final preparations for you baby brother to arrive. My due date is January 12th, so you might be a big brother before your next 'Dear Brennan' update. Since you were two days late though, I'm not holding my breath for an early arrival.

Daddy came home from deployment on November 17th. It was a gorgeous day and you were happy to see him after more than three months apart. The first day he went into work for a few hours after being back home, you cried and cried when you woke up and he wasn't here. I think you thought he was going to be gone for a long time again. Now you seem to understand that he'll be home a little later. You love wrestling with Daddy and almost always say "Daddy" now instead of "Dada". You're definitely still a Momma's boy though!

We just got back this past Saturday from a week-long trip to Disney World. I think you're pretty spoiled because it was your second trip there before your third birthday. We had such a good time in January that we decided to go back once more as a family of three. The trip was great (I'm working on blog posts about it) and you were an excellent traveler. We also went to Sea World, which was tons of fun! On our last night in Orlando, the Dishmons came to visit and you had fun playing with Adah and Michaela. It sure would be nice to live closer to them!

You have taken a real interest in playing board games. We had a family fun night at church and you loved the kid's game they had there. Your favorites are Hungry, Hungry Hippos; Candy Land; and Hi Ho Cherry-O. In fact, the only thing you say you want for Christmas is the "apple tree game", which is what you call Hi Ho Cherry-O. You pick up on how to play games so quickly and are willing to sit through an entire game of Candy Land sometimes. You also love playing "I Spy". You get so excited when you find what Mommy spied! You just started liking to "scare" Mommy and Daddy. At first you would leave the room and run back in and yell, "Boo!". Now you just don't even leave the room. You just yell "boo" at random times over and over AND OVER again getting louder each time and expect us to gasp or scream in fear.

You got a little cold right before Daddy came home, but the nice thing about it was you learned how to blow your nose really well. It helped a ton with your congestion. You're growing up so fast and learning so many new things! You and I are working through the Advent program "Truth in the Tinsel". We're only on day 2 because of our Disney trip but you're enjoying doing a daily craft and learning about the Christmas story.

Like I mentioned at the beginning, you do have a ornery side. It is often seen in the morning. You do not like to be rushed. I always know to ask now if you're ready for me to come into your room once you wake up. Even if you say, "yes" you are rarely ready to get out of bed. You want to lay in bed and get tickled, or read books, or play with a ball. It's become a real challenge to get you to go to the potty in the morning because obviously that requires getting out of bed and getting undressed and you aren't a fan of either of those. I think I'm going to start a sticker chart or some kind of incentive program to encourage you to move a little faster, especially on school mornings.

You like helping with anything and everything. You have to get your own breakfast in the morning. If you're having oatmeal, you have to press the buttons on the microwave. You want to turn your light off when it's time to go to sleep. It's sweet that you want to help, but sometimes you're so slow moving that it drags everything out. I think you've figured that out and know how to drag out getting ready for nap or nighttime. Thankfully you're still napping. I'll take it as long as I can! You're pretty flexible because some days in FL you wouldn't get a chance to nap at all and you were actually really good. But then days when we made time for nap, you'd sleep 3 hours. You've been sleeping in a little later in the mornings too, which is so nice! I am hopeful the baby won't disrupt your sleeping because you've always been such a good sleeper.

You talk a mile-a-minute now about anything and everything. And anything you say you want acknowledgment from Mommy and Daddy or else you keep repeating it over and over and over until we do acknowledge it. The little things that excite you like elevators, seeing any kind of arrow, or being able to read the word "to" when we're out and about always brings a smile to my face.

I love you so very much and even though you frustrate me to the point of tears (hopefully that gets better when I'm done being pregnant) you really are such a sweet boy. Your smile and laugh are contagious and you are just fun to be around. Thanks for being you!

Love,
Mommy

I'll be sharing a lot more pictures with the Disney posts, but here is one of B getting ready to watch the dolphin show at SeaWorld

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...