Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Dear Brennan,

My sweet little baby boy, you are now 26 months old! I'm enjoying being your Momma more now than ever before. You are just so much fun. I think you're having a great time being 2! You are still wearing 2T clothes, but don't wear diapers anymore. Yep, you're potty trained! You currently wear a Pull-Up at night, but the past three mornings you've been dry, so I think we might be turning a corner on nighttime training. You've done so great with using the potty. I'm so proud of you! You also have three of your four two-year molars, so you're almost done with teething too! Thankfully teething never seemed to bother you.

You continue to get faster and faster at climbing up the stairs. You still go up on your hands and knees, but do it without as much complaining now (as long as a treat is waiting at the top for you!). When you're not supposed to climb stairs (the stage at church, a friend's house) you do it with no complaining. Go figure. We are now working on getting you to go down the stairs alone on your bum. You are also getting more confident walking in the grass. I don't know why you're so nervous about it, but we've really been working on you doing it on your own without holding my hand and you've gotten much better. Our yard is really bumpy, so it can be a little tricky.

The other big news this month is that you are now sleeping in a big boy bed! We put the toddler rail on your crib and you've done great with the transition. You are able to get yourself out of the bed, but so far every time you wake up, you just lay in bed until I come in. Then you'll sit up, scoot to the open end, and get out. The main reason I wanted to go ahead and switch your bed was because you are such a good boy and I was pretty confident you wouldn't make any attempts to get out.

You keep saying more and more words. You can now say "two" and "shoe" clearly. It's funny because sometimes I do have a hard time understanding you and will have to guess what you're saying. You'll say, "No" until I get the word right and then say, "Yeah". I'm glad that on most days the word "yeah" is now spoken a lot more than the word "no".

We still attend a weekly story time at the library. Some how you've become known as the class clown of the group! Everyone there thinks you are such a happy guy. You love dancing at home, but in that class, you only want to sit in Momma's lap. I think you get your class clown nickname because you find it nearly impossible to sit still and be quiet during the Quiet Song. Your whole body starts shaking and little giggles start coming out before you're supposed to move again. It makes everyone in the class laugh!

You are still a good listener. You understand so much and will try to use big boy words instead of whining after I give you a reminder. You now say that whining is a "no no". You also say that crying when you go to your toddler class at church is a "no no". Obviously crying isn't a "no no", but I'm glad you haven't cried when going into class the past two weeks. Most Sundays you've done well about going to the potty while in your class too!

You still love playing with your choo-choos, watching The Wiggles, and saying your ABCs and numbers. You'll just start randomly counting to 10 or saying your alphabet during the day. I think you know the difference between your left and right foot because we talk about it when we're putting your shoes on, but it's really hard to tell the difference between the two words when you say them.

We've started playing some games on the computer and you really like that. We have been using the Fisher-Price online game site quite a bit. There's an opposite game on there that you enjoy, but your favorite is the Thomas and Friends Engine Wash. You now know almost every choo-choos name because of that game. It amazes me how much information is stored in that little brain of yours!

One of my new favorite things you're starting to do happens at night. I've always said your bedtime prayers for you, but now you're helping me. You'll help me name lots of people you love and we'll pray for all of them. It's so very sweet! You love so many people and I hope you know how many people love you. You are a very lucky little guy to be so loved. I hope you stay as sweet as you are now for a long, long time! Hugs and Kisses!

Love,
Mommy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...