Sunday, November 6, 2011

Tot School (Finally!) - 20 Months

Tot School


It has been so incredibly long since I linked up with Tot School! I apologize for my absence. I hope now that it is getting colder, that I'll be more motivated to capture our at home activities. Here's some of what we've been up to lately!

I got this first idea from Click, Pray Love. It's Musical Hide and Seek! I thought B would love it, but he didn't. I really like the idea though and I think we'll try it again. We actually had the exact same musical giraffe toy Amber had, but you can use any musical toy. Wind it up, hide it somewhere that's easy to find, and send them off to search.



Brennan also made his very first finger painting! It was a big hit. We will definitely be doing this again soon. The best part? The canvases and Crayola finger paints were both purchased at Michael's for 50% off! I've included a lot of pictures because I just thought he was so cute painting!







We have a new favorite activity around here! It just happens to be a Pinterest find! I gave Brennan a stack of Solo cups and they immediately became his go-to toy. He is awesome at unstacking them and stacking them (not in a pyramid, just nesting them). He puts objects into them. Drops objects into them. Just carries them around. He has literally played with them everyday since I brought them out!


You can tell from the video, that he's doing great with his colors. He really knows blue, green, and red. He also just started saying "purr" for purple. He tries to say yellow, but it doesn't sound quite right and I think he's said black a few times. He's so funny because when I go back into the bedroom to get dressed in the morning and then come back out, as soon as he sees me, he tells me what color shirt I am wearing. Too cute!



We also visited one of our favorite spots; the aquarium. The animals seemed to be feeling especially friendly this day. Check out these videos!

This first one is of one of the Beluga whales. Unfortunately it scared Brennan by opening it's mouth so wide. But me being Mother of the Year made him stay and watch it so I could get a video. Yes, you can hear him crying some in the background!


This second one was the very next exhibit; the sea lions. I had never seen them be so active and thought it must be our lucky day. First the beluga and now the sea lions! As you'll see, they were being very active because they were about to get fed!


Head over to Carisa's blog to see tons of Tot School ideas!

1 comment:

Lulu said...

Nice to see you linking up again!

Looks like some great activities recently- love the canvas finger painting. I wish I could find cheap canvas`s around here as they would make some nice christmas gifts for grandparents I am sure! Definitely looks like he had a good time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...