Friday, December 6, 2013

Dear Bryce

You are 11 months old today. A mere one month from turning 1. Wow! That's so hard to believe. You currently wear mostly 12-18 month clothes and are still in size 3 diapers. I'm not really sure what size foot you have because I only have one pair of soft soled shoes that you've worn a handful of times. Here's what you've been up to during the last month.

Today is a big day because I am officially done breastfeeding. We didn't make it quite to a year, but I'm happy with 11 months. I've been exclusively pumping for a over a month now, so I'm glad that is over. You have easily transitioned to whole milk mixed with breast milk in a bottle. With Brennan I went straight to a sippy cup, but I haven't pushed that with you. You drink your milk well from a bottle and since you were on the small side at 9 months it was important to me that you be getting plenty of milk. You have definitely put on some weight over the past two months, but I don't have official stats.

Last month I mentioned you were starting to sleep better. That didn't last long. But at the beginning of this week I decided it was getting ridiculous that you were approaching 11 months and still getting a bottle every single night. Monday night when you started crying, I turned the sound machine app on my phone to drown you out. I usually can't sleep while you cry, but I was able to sleep through it and you fell back to sleep. You made it until a little after 6am that day, took a bottle then, and then ending up sleeping until I woke you at 9. The next night you cried out again and I just let you cry. You fell back to sleep and I woke you at 8 to take Brennan to school. The following night you didn't cry once and slept all the way until 7. It was your first 12-hour sleep and it was glorious. Last night you did wake a little after 5am. I let you cry a bit, but decided to give you a bottle and you fell back to sleep until I woke you after 8 for school. So, sleeping seems to be getting much better. Finally.

You aren't walking yet. I don't think you'll be doing it before your first birthday, but I could be wrong. You are cursing pro! You still do army crawling, but it's very fast. You pull up on everything and also like to be on your knees exploring things at that level. You can now get yourself to a seated position something Brennan still couldn't do at 15 months.

You can now sign "please" along with your other signs of "more" and "all done". I haven't tried to teach you any others. You babble all the time. You say "dada" and just recently started saying "mama" a lot more. You try to say "duck" and "quack" and I think you've said "baba" for your bottle a few times. I also feel like you have a word you try to say when you're referring to Brennan. One of my favorite things happens if you wake up from afternoon nap. You and I will be playing and as soon as your hear Brennan say, "Mommy, I'm ready to wake up," you take off at a full speed army crawl to his bedroom door babbling like crazy. You are so in love with him!

You aren't too crazy with your climbing yet. You do love to crawl onto the top of the subwoofer. In fact, you broke a cord from the back just the other day. You can also crawl all the way up the entire staircase. You are trying super hard to do a forward somersault. It's very cute. You love to play in Brennan's room. You like to pull toys out of his toy box, but your favorite activity is pulling all his books off his bookshelf.

You've been trying lots of new foods. You have never been a huge fan of purees so you've been eating mostly table foods now. You love crackers and puffs. You are also a fan of corn and love yogurt. You aren't interested in any meats yet.

You are such a cute and sweet little guy. I just love when your Daddy or I pick you up and you snuggle right in a for hug. More than anything this month I am thankful for your safety since you were with me when I hit a deer. I pray that is the first and last car accident you ever experience. As usual I'm excited to see what the next month holds. It could be a big one if you start walking! Whatever it holds, I'm sure it'll be exciting!

Lots of love,

Mommy

Bryce back at 10 months...

Bryce today at 11 months...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...