Friday, November 2, 2012

Bathtub Paint

I have wanted to try bathtub paint with Brennan for such a long time. I pinned the "recipe" for it forever ago and just have never gotten around to doing it. Plus the little fact that the recipe calls for corn starch and for the life of me I didn't think I'd ever find corn starch in the grocery. Then today I'm there with Brennan and it just pops out at me as plain as can be.

The recipe called for 1 tbsp corn starch, 4-6 pumps of baby shampoo, 2-3 drops food coloring, and 1-2 tsp of water. I didn't get too fancy this time and just made blue, yellow, red, and green since those are the food colorings I had on hand. I played around with the consistency a little bit and it turned out the first one I made was definitely the best. The others were a little too runny. Brennan had fun painting, but didn't want to do it for too long. He liked dumping the paints into the tub better. You can see the color of the water below. I'm not sure this was our cleanest tubby ever. And I do need to go scrub down the tub really well now because it definitely left a ring since he dumped all the paints into the water. I think we will definitely do it again soon!

The pictures don't really show much. I didn't even get a shot of the blue on the wall, which was the best one. Oh well!







After our bath, we went into B's room and found Ringo laying in his bed. Well this week it's my bed since my in-laws are here. Silly dog!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...